Category Archives: Time

DEATH OF AN AFRICAN HERO (MANDELA)

mandela
PICTURE: GETTY

“Tonight, one of the brightest light of our word has gone out” those were the words of British Prime Minister David Cameron as he gave his condolence, not just to South Africa but to Africa as a whole on the death of one of the greatest son NELSON MANDELA (Madiba) who passed away on the 5th of december at about 20:50 local time at the age of 95

The former South African president had been suffering from  lung infection and has been receiving medical attention,  Zuma announced his death in a televised address to the nation, telling mourners that Mandela, often affectionately referred to by his Xhosa clan name “Madiba,” had passed away and would be given a proper state burial.

Madela is seen all over the world as a true hero, his selflessness is reflected in his many humanitarian legacy, notable was his stand against the apartheid government in South Africa and eventually his willingness to sacrifice his life for the course of bringing freedom to the oppressed black people of his nation.

After spending 27 years in a 8 feet by 7 feet concrete cell with only a straw mat to sleep with, Mandela was released February 2nd 1990 through the intervention of President F. W. de Klerk. Mandela became president of the Africa National Congress (ANC) in 1991, and was elected president of South Africa in May 1994, and was able to serve his father land for 5 years.

Nelson Mandela was the first black president and the founding president of the democratic South Africa. It is not surprising that his praise has been sung all over, he was able to transform the nation from its Apartheid system into a land. He turn his prison number and year 46664  into a tool of social change and activism.

in the words of president Zuma Our nation has lost

its greatest son, yet what made Nelson Mandela great was precisely what made him human. We saw in him what we seek in ourselves, and in him we saw so much of ourselves.”

Mandela is survived by his wife, six children, and 17 grandchildren.

Getting More From Less (Productivity)

Many times we think it is our ability to do so many things that increases our odds to become successful; true as it may seem the results have not been a hundred percent so, in fact not even a twenty percent correct. To think of it is not so difficult, it is all around in our environment, check out people that you know, am sure you will be able to identify two or more people that are so dedicated with whatever it is they do and they end up complaining about how getting through life is difficult, yet there are still few people that seemingly does nothing but get about life effortlessly. I remember back in school days after exam, its that guy that plays around and spend less time reading that ends up with the good grades, while the ones that read there heads off that still struggles with their grade.


THE PRINCIPLE BEHIND THIS
Why do you think a rough estimate of 20% people get 80% of the wealth in a society while the remaining 80% struggle over the remaining 20%? or why 80% of the work is done most time by 20% of the staff in a company? The reason is simple, “Pareto Principle” an Italian economist named Vilfredo Pareto. The rule states that for many events, roughly 80% of the effects come from 20% of the causes.
Where this applies to You
Microsoft noted that by fixing the top 20% most reported bugs, 80% of the errors and crashes would be eliminated, this principle can also be of use in our daily life, if we are able to sieve the less productive thing we spend time on and focus on things that are more productive we automatically can optimize the result of those thing we do that are productive and here-by reduce work load

This principle is one of the secrets of many successful